Montefiore celebrated its 133rd anniversary at its annual meeting on Wednesday, May 20, 2015. More than 175 guests attended this event including board members, staff, residents and community members. The evening was held with much fanfare as outgoing President & CEO Lauren B. Rock and incoming President & CEO Seth Vilensky spoke about all that has been done to bring Montefiore to where it is today and future goals for Montefiore. Morry Weiss, of American Greetings, presented Steven and Judy Willensky with the Harley I. Gross Award, the Montefiore Volunteer Partners (MVP), formally the Auxiliary, were honored and Cathy Lawrence, Isaiah Hill and Kim Pidala were recognized as the 2015 Employees-of-the-Year at Montefiore and The Weils. Lawrence A. Mack, Montefiore board chair, concluded the meeting by offering his perspective as board chair, as well as a Montefiore family member, to “embrace change” and constantly thrive to do the best for Montefiore’s residents.
Please view the photos below of the eventful night:
Join us for our community-wide event
“Dementia: Seeing it Through the Eyes of the Person”
Presented by Dementia Expert
Dr. Lori Stevic-Rust
Monday, April 27, 2015
Montefiore’s Maltz Auditorium
- What does a diagnosis of dementia really mean to you and your family?
- How dementia affects not only the memory, but mood, behavior and personality.
- What different types of behaviors mean and how to best manage them.
- Decision-making – When is it no longer safe to be at home alone, to drive or manage finances?
- What to do when a loved one says, “I’m fine” and refuses help.
Learn how you can get involved and make a difference at Montefiore! Come to the Montefiore Volunteer Open House! We match volunteer opportunities to your skills, interests and schedule!
For more information, please call Marissa Gelender, volunteer coordinator, at 216.910.2566.
Current Volunteer Opportunities Include:
- Wheelchair Transport
- Office Work
- Posh Nosh Cafe Cashiers
- Friendly Visitors
- MoMart Gift Shop Sales Help