Montefiore’s new In-Home Memory Care Program is designed to provide memory care services and support at home so individuals can live independently in their residence as long as possible. Our team of experts offers a coordinated approach to those with memory impairment to ease the stress of decision-making on family, caregivers and loved ones. Together, our goal is to ensure the safety and overall well-being of a loved one.
Only two steps to get started!
Step 1: Assessment
Montefiore’s In-Home Memory Care Program begins with a comprehensive assessments:
- A full nursing assessment that includes a medication review and vital sign evaluation
- A home life safety review
- A nutritional assessment
- A life enrichment evaluation to review hobbies, interests and overall fulfillment
- Core functional and cognitive assessments to identity areas of need
- Conversations with current caregivers to provide insight into daily routines and personal preferences
- Specialized needs identification and coordination of subsequent services
Step 2: Plan of Care
Montefiore’s In-Home Memory Care Team reviews tithe information collected in the assessments and develops a full report and plan of care tailored to your loved one and consistent with current routines. Our experts offer a menu of care options and strategies to address unmet needs and provide referrals and linkages to services including but no limited to:
- Private care services and home healthcare
- Medical services
- Home safety improvements
- Nutritional services
- Interest and activity stimulation
- Support services
Montefiore has assembled a kind, caring group of memory care experts to help their clients receive needed support and care.
Specially trained staff members recognize the individuals behind the diagnosis and their desire for a high quality of life. Our care providers offer a coordinated and comprehensive.