Hospice Care Team
Our Vinney Hospice care team is the loving factor that’s needed during this difficult journey….
- Full-time Hospice Medical Director
- Registered Nurses
- Licensed Social Workers
- Spiritual Counselors
- Home Health Aides
- Reiki Therapists
- Music Therapists
- Art Therapists
- Bereavement Specialist
- Physical, Occupational and Speech Therapists
Under hospice, the patient’s own physician will continue to direct care, under the guidance of the hospice staff who make frequent visits. The hospice medical director is available to provide ongoing consultation to the hospice team and primary care physician.
A hospice nurse is assigned to each patient and family to oversee the total care of the patient.
This specially trained nurse will:
- Make scheduled home visits
- Make visits for urgent needs
- Work closely with your physician to control pain and other symptoms
- Teach family members and caregivers how to best take care of the patient
- Coordinate and supervise hospice home health aides
- Evaluate the home setting for safety
- Make recommendations for durable medical equipment such as a hospital bed, oxygen, bedside commode or wheelchair
Our hospice social workers assist patients and families with a wide variety of non-medical concerns, such as offering counseling and guidance, making an initial assessment visit and subsequent visits as required for support and case management, as well offering bereavement counseling and support.
A dedicated and specially trained hospice rabbi and Christian chaplain serve our patients and families with spiritual support and guidance. They provide ongoing counseling and visitation and can coordinate with other clergy in the community.
Music and art therapists and Reiki practitioners provide supportive care to improve symptom management by helping to create a relaxing and nurturing environment.